PARTNERSHIPS WITH PURPOSE
HARBEC has demonstrated innovation in the selection and integration of unique partners to help fulfill its ongoing pursuit of energy and environmental excellence. In the past three years HARBEC has worked with the US Department of Energy (DOE), New York State Energy Research and Development Authority (NYSERDA), Enerit, DEKRA, and others to help achieve its goals.
By collaborating with public-and-private organizations HARBEC has been able to align the right interests that could collaborate on the complex task of carbon accounting and neutrality. The partnerships with these organizations has led to constructive solutions for measuring, monitoring, and understanding energy use within manufacturing environments and establishing processes, tools, and solutions to manage and reduce manufacturing energy use.
HARBEC is a U.S. DOE Better Plants Challenge Partner. HARBEC has established a goal to reduce its plant energy intensity 25% by 2021 (from a 2010 baseline).
Learn more about HARBEC Inc’s Sustainable Manufacturing Journey in the links below:
- Dekra’s Case Study on HARBEC’s ISO 50001 implementation
- HARBEC’s Partnership with the U.S. Department of Energy (USDOE), the “Better Buildings, Better Plants” Challenge
- NYSERDA Press Release: “NYSERDA, HARBEC Inc. of Ontario N.Y. Announce $1 Million Project to Demonstrate the Transformative Potential of Energy-Efficient 3D Printing”
- Visionary Manufacturer Achieves Carbon Neutrality
- ‘ECO-ECONOMICS’: HARBEC Plastics Proves It Pays to Be ‘Green’
- Also see the exclusive three-part series on Sustainable Manufacturing published by ThomasNet featuring HARBEC, Inc.:
o Part 1, Sustainable Manufacturing is Shaping America’s Industrial Future
o Part 2, Using Operational Excellence to Achieve Competitive Advantage
o Part 3, Sustainability Happens When People and Innovation Collide